Quick hits from the official post about the trait system coming in the feature patch!
- Trait tiers now unlock for free at level 30, 60, and 80
- Each trait line now only has 6 points that can be put into it
- Characters at level 80 have 14 points to spend
- Each point in the new system equals 5 in the old
- Gain 1 point every 6 levels from level 30. 2 per 6 at level 66
- The refund button is coming to PvE and WvW and it’s FREE
- A minus button is added to each traitline
- Some traits are now locked until a challenge is met or they are purchased from trainer.
- Unlock challenges include minidungeons, WvW tasks, Personal Story checkpoints, beating world bosses, and more.
Additionally, there are going to be 5 new grandmaster traits for each profession! They’ve announced one of the new ones for each profession.
Elementalist: Aquatic Benevolence
This trait contains a new mechanic that will increase all healing to allies by a percentage without affecting the character doing the healing. Aquatic Benevolence has the highest of all outgoing healing effects currently in the game, sitting at a solid 25% healing power bonus when supporting allies.
Engineer: Fortified Turrets
Each time an engineer with Fortified Turrets equipped spawns a new turret, that turret receives a defensive bubble that reflects projectiles for four seconds. This works with all turrets, including the Supply Crate.